I can’t believe summer is almost over. It seems like just the other day I was writing about my favorite things that summer brings, and now here we are staring fall in the face. Which is not to say I’m not eager for the cooler temperatures, the beautiful changing foliage of the trees, and the crisp air. By all means, bring it on. But still, how did it manage to get here so fast?
With Labor Day weekend officially landing, I’m going to take a wild guess and say there’s a good number of you all with BBQ plans in your immediate future. We’re looking at some fantastic weather ahead of us in my area, despite Hurricane Earl being just off the east coast now.
So on that note I bring you an assortment of some awesome things to take to your BBQ, care of myself and some of my favorite other bloggers. Some are prep at home, some you can just do straight on the grill. All are guaranteed hits.
Blackberry Tom Collins, picture and link credit to
Diane and Todd of White on Rice Couple.
1. Blackberry Tom Collins from the White on Rice Couple.
2. Mint Juleps from Alice at Savory Sweet Life.
3. Peach Coolers, also from the White on Rice Couple.
4. Fresh Blueberry Margaritas from me, MSCK.
5. White Peach Sangria also from MSCK.
Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts, picture and link credit to
Alice from Savory Sweet Life.
6. Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts from Savory Sweet Life.
7. Caprese Salad from Kim at Rustic Garden Bistro (or also right here at MSCK).
8. Cheese Fritters with Balsamic Sun-Dried Tomato Dipping Sauce from Krysta at evil chef mom.
9. Three Ways to Do Watermelon, also from evil chef mom.
10. Classic Cornbread from Ali at Three Baking Sheets to the Wind.
11. Vegetable Tian from Saint Tigerlily.
12. Roasted Rosemary Nut Mix also from Saint Tigerlily.
13. Crispy Roasted Chickpeas from Jaden at Steamy Kitchen.
14. Homemade Hummus from Alice at Savory Sweet Life.
15. Chorizo Cheese Dip from the White on Rice Couple.
16. Mushroom Pockets from me at MSCK.
Sweet Chili Ribs, picture and link credit to
Jaden from Steamy Kitchen.
17. Sweet Chili Ribs from Jaden at Steamy Kitchen.
18. Soy Citrus Planked Chicken also from Jaden at Steamy Kitchen.
19. Perfect Burgers, or at least my take on them at MSCK.
20. Thomas Keller’s Ribs from me at MSCK.
21. Filipino Chicken Barbecue from Erika at the Ivory Hut.
Candied Grapefruit Peels, picture and link credit to
Deb from Smitten Kitchen.
22. Candied Grapefruit Peels – or – Orangettes from Smitten Kitchen .
23. Grilled Peaches with Ricotta Cheese from Alice at Savory Sweet Life.
24. Lemon Bars from Ali at Three Baking Sheets to the Wind.
Did I miss anything? Do you have a BBQ favorite I forgot? Please share with the class!
Have a wonderful holiday weekend!